Friday, July 31, 2009

The beginning







June 2009
195 lbs

Before having children, I never felt overweight. I always weighed the average for being 5'7".

Then when I got pregnant with Kylie in 2004, I gained 40 lbs. I lost a little bit over the next 2 years, but not all of it. I then got pregnant with Korbin and gained another 50 lbs. When I gave birth to Korbin, I weighed 225 lbs. I hated it!! Luckily, I nursed him and lost about 30 lbs. But, when I stopped nursing him at 12 months old, I stopped losing weight. That was November, 2008.

I had stayed at around 195 lbs for several months saying "I need to do something about this FAT!" I tried buying an elliptical. Pshh, that didn't last. I ended up selling it 3 months later (lost money in that deal). Then I tried 'counting calories' on a Calorie Counter website. That lasted about 2 weeks and I got tired of doing it. So, I tried walking with friends in the neighborhood. I could not get into it and talk myself into enjoying it. Then I saw a commercial for Dance Dance Revolution (Disney Grooves) and just had to have it! I 'danced' every day for a few weeks and felt really good, but NO WEIGHT LOSS!

Ok, so maybe I need to look in a different direction....

In the meantime, my hubby deployed and I moved with my kids to my parents state and am living with them. When moving back here, I saw a great friend of mine and she looked so good! She had lost over 50 lbs with Weight Watchers. I had always had a negative feeling about W.W. for some reason. But after seeing her, I thought about giving it a try. I talked to my sister and my mom and asked if they might want to join with me. Thankfully, they did.

So, the journey begins.....